Summary of Position
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for managing all aspects of the brand’s marketing campaigns, operations, and for leading a team of marketing specialists. This leader will create and execute innovative marketing strategies to profitably increase revenue and grow the brand.
• Pioneer and implement measurable strategies that profitably increase revenue and grow the brand.
• Deep, demonstrable understanding of marketing strategy development, execution for new and existing brands, and ability to plan effective promotions
• Plan and execute well-performing, well-coordinated product launches of new and existing products.
• Develop channel, segment and market strategies to enable targeted marketing.
• Continue to strengthen the brand’s unique and compelling image, personality and voice to build relevance and equity among target consumer audiences, and maintains and improves the reputation of the company and its stakeholders
• Mobilize the execution of the team to deliver high ROI results with speed and efficiency.
• Execute a best-in-class social, digital and web presence that drives consumer awareness, engagement, affinity and purchase. Empower and motivate consumers to grow the brand, and achieves short and long-term marketing goals while maintaining stability of email and social media reputation.
• Develop and execute high-ROI, marketing programs.
• Maintains knowledge on emerging products and services.
• Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, VP of Sales, and Customer Operations Director to make sure all marketing promotions can be and are delivered with a high level of quality exceeding customer expectations.
• Customer based segmentation analysis
• Market share analysis
• Ability to work within a limited budget and ability to pivot quickly
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Expertise in copywriting components of marketing promotions and their impact on success
• Expert knowledge of paid advertising (Facebook and Google Adwords, etc.)
• Social media strategy expertise and influencer marketing
• Deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics to improve results and increase ROI
• A proven track record of aligning the organization and owners around the brand and marketing strategy, while building a symbiotic partnership with sales and distribution partners
• An entrepreneurial, agile, creative mindset
• A focus on leadership by example, a bias for results and execution, and the humility and confidence to put team success ahead of self.
Education & Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least five years of experience in marketing and long-range planning required.
• Experience driving significant revenue and profit with a small team of marketing specialists
• Minimum of 6 years documented success as a marketing leader, with a preference on successfully growing an emerging brand.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.